Sunday, June 17, 2012

Can I pray while I smoke?!

You might wonder what this post is going to be about ... It is all about 'communications'. As a Communications Consultant, I'm supposed to be an expert on communications - but we all have our flaws. Here's a story that my manager told me right when I joined the team.

There was a gentleman, who went to a pastor in the church, and said, "Can I smoke while I pray?" The pastor got angry, and retorted, "Of course not!"

Then, another gentleman came in, and went up to the pastor, and said, "Can I pray while I smoke?" The impressed pastor said, "Of course! You can pray whenever you want, whatever you do!"

Moral of the story: Communication is key. You should know how to put across what you're trying to say! An amazing thing I learnt during my first few days in the communications field, and something I will probably need for the rest of life, both personally and professionally. 

No comments: