Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Think whar you write!!!

I was asked to write an introduction to myself by my manager, which was to be circulated among the team, so that the other people could get to know me better.

Here's what I wrote:



Unfortunately, the word "upstart" I used was used mistakenly, since it meant something totally demeaning .... I had wanted to use "start up" but used the former word without bothering to think too much about it .... And, as expected, it created a furore .... though, I was thankfully kept out of it all by my very nice and caring manager! But, it taught me a lesson nonetheless ... Be careful of what you write!!!!

And, something I read about writing goof-ups within days of the issue, makes me feel that it is indeed important to be sure of what one has written!

Here's the article, that I think will be useful for all and sundry:

15 Grammar Goofs That Make You Look Silly

No comments: